Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Stuff that makes me think of my grandparents...


Since my grandfather's illness has hastened itself over the last couple of weeks, I have been thinking a lot about my time with him and the moments that I treasure most.

Both my Granny and Willie (grandpa) are very do-it-yourself kind of people. They make everything from stained glass to wooden game boards. It's been my pleasure, all of my life, to benefit and share in their creative nature.

Some of my favorite family memories are of the family gathered around the table playing a card, domino, board, or dice game. The latest game for the family is called Fast Track. Its a marble/card game. My grandfather made the boards and gave them to several family members 2 years ago for Christmas. Needless to say- we are all addicted to the game.

Having said that, this card grouping was inspired by my grandpa Willie, the greatest grandpa in the world. I'm so very fortunate to have had an opportunity to get to know such a funny and creative person. I am grateful for every day that he is in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment