Monday, August 24, 2009

................Sweeeeetest Gifts.



Today is a bitter sweet day for me. I arrived home this weekend, from a fun time with my family at my Granny's house in Brownwood, Tx, with a new gift.
A little more than a year ago, I showed my sweet grandpa Willie a picture of this Crafty Carousel. He asked for a few supplies to make sure the measurements would be ok for my favorite products, and away he went.
Last November, my grandparents had a car accident that left my grandfather a bit less than his normal industrious self. (a concussion and broken bones will do that to the best of us!!) It was so close to Christmas, and he was almost finished with my present, he was disappointed that it wasn't going to be completed, due to his condition.
June 3rd, the best Grandpa anyone could ask, for passed away. I see him, and my Granny, in all my artsty stuff- I think I aquired this talent from both my grandparents on Dad's side, and my my Mom's side. They were always making cool stuff, and it was very inspiring to grow up around such talented and inventive people. I feel lucky for every day that I had/have with my family.
My Granny finished up the Craft Carousels, one for my mom, one for me, and they look incredible. I'm pleased to have this on my desk, pleased to know that I will use it everyday, and more pleased to know that my Grandparents love me so much, and think I am special enough to work so hard on something I really wanted and will love forever!
I'm tearing up right now just thinking about the hard work they put into this.
So, as I post this picture today- I say a huge thanks to my Granny and Willie for all their hard work on this and other projects. I love you both forever and ever. I miss you Willie!

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to remember your grandfather. Awesome for you. It makes my heart happy just reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats very sweet, Mel-me... I'm grateful for you that you have grandparents and a family that cherish you the way they do.

    ReplyDelete